Friday, June 7, 2013

{Foodie Friday} Easy Beef & Bean Tacos

TGIF! Today, I have a wonderful recipe I randomly decided to make a few days ago. I took a few recipes from Pinterest, Google, and Pioneer Woman and combined bits and pieces to make up my own recipe! I don't claim this to be some brand new, never-made recipe, it's just something I thought up in my head on a whim and it turned out delicious! 
 
Easy Beef & Bean Tacos w. Roasted Corn Salsa
 
*FYI: I totally blanked and forgot to take any pictures of the finished tacos and rice. But trust me, it looked beautiful and tasted great!
 
 
First, drizzle some olive oil into a pan and dump in some corn kernels. Roast them for about 15 minutes at 450 F. I then broiled them for another 5 minutes.

 
Meanwhile, chop half of a medium onion and a whole Roma tomato and dump into a bowl. Add crushed red pepper, parsley, and salt. I then added a teaspoon of jarred salsa. This is totally optional, but it helped add a little liquid and the flavors of whatever ingredients I was missing.
 
 
Brown a pound of ground beef and drain it. Feel free to grab a few pieces without burning your fingers...turn it down on low for now.

 
Add the roasted corn to the salsa, stir, and cover until ready to use. I refrigerated mine so it would be nice and old by the time everything got done.

 
Add a can of pinto beans to the ground beef pan (DO NOT DRAIN!!). Turn the heat back up to about medium while you do the next few steps.

 
Chop up some jarred jalapeno slices - I think I had 8 or 10.

 
Mix together flour, parsley, paprika, oregano, chili powder, crushed red pepper, coriander, and sugar. I used about 2 tbsp. flour, a tiny pinch of sugar, a pinch of the coriander, a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, and then about a teaspoon of everything else. I dumped all of it into my mini food chopper so I could crush the coriander seeds a bit, but I was impatient and didn't do it very finely. However, the beans and beef simmered for about 25-30 minutes total, so the pieces weren't noticeable at all.
 
 
Dump in the taco seasoning a spoonful at a time. Mix it in and add additional water as needed.

 
Let it bubble and simmer for as long as you have. Prepare some Mexican rice -- we used Taco Bell rice that cooks up in just a few minutes! I had rice as part of this recipe, but I got distracted while talking on the phone, and I ruined it completely.
Serve the beef and bean mixture in taco shells and/or warmed tortillas with the corn salsa, shredded lettuce, and sour cream. Serve rice on the side and enjoy!
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment