Sunday, April 21, 2013

{Room Makeover} My Ugly Dresser

I thought I posted this a while back, but since I don't see it anywhere on here, I will post it today.


I wanted a dresser in my closet. Though it is unseen when the door is closed, the ugliness has got to go! I got the idea for the contrasting drawer color from a pin on Pinterest. That dresser definitely got a new breath of life just with sanding and PAINT. It looks so much cuter and I just love it! It works so well in my closet!


 I used this tutorial to redo my dresser:


http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/04/how-to-paint-furniture/


 Here is a shot of the dresser with just the sides of the drawers painted. I totally forgot to take a before picture, so just picture them being bare wood colored.


20121202_174746


                        This is a drawer front after one coat of paint…


20121202_182632


…and the same drawer with a second coat. I didn't bother sanding down the whole design because I like how it looks under the black paint. Please ignore my toe at the bottom...


20121202_182638


And the finished product in my closet! I finished it off with spray gloss on the black parts and left the purple alone. I want it to weather over time, so I did not seal the drawer sides. The insides of the drawers are also painted. You can see a little black smudge of paint on the top drawer, but it doesn't bother me so I didn't bother trying to fix it. That shoe rack is LONG gone. I have an over the door organizer ($5 at WalMart!) for all of them.


20121202_215533



No comments:

Post a Comment