Thursday, December 20, 2012

Foodie Friday - A Day Early!!

I know, I know, it's not yet Friday. But I'm writing it late enough! lol

I am including a couple of my favorite recipes I love to eat to help me with my diet changes.

Apple salad

1 Granny Smith apple, sliced thinly

1 c. baby spinach

Dressing - 1 tbsp honey, approx. 1/2 c. olive oil (more as needed), 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1.5 tsp dijon mustard, pinch black pepper

Combine dressing ingredients in a jar or other container and shake until combined. Add more olive oil as needed. Combine spinach and apple slices on plate or in a bowl and drizzle dressing lightly on top. Toss and enjoy!

Breakfast Hashbrowns

1 potato, shredded (use your food processor or a cheese grater)

Olive or vegetable oil cooking spray

salt and pepper, dried parsley

Heat a waffle iron. Spray with cooking spray and scoop potatoes into hot iron. Close and cook until golden brown (I like mine a little dark). When done, season with salt and pepper; garnish with a small sprinkle of dried parsley. I might just have these for breakfast tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment